THE CESANESE DEL PIGLIO WINE
facebookinstagramyoutube
Logo Corte dei Papi
CESANESE DEL PIGLIO SUPERIORE D.O.C.G.
DRY RED WINE

Selection of micro area in the "historic" vineyard.


schede vini Corte dei Papi   Awards

Winemaker’s notes

After summer pruning and subsequent thinning, the harvest is done with careful selection of the grapes. The 60% of the production is aged for 12 months in classic barriques and the other 40% in large wooden barrels of 3000 liters, according to ancient tradition; the cycle is completed with the subsequent aging in bottle until its commercialisation.

Organoleptic analysis

Featuring a deep, intense ruby colour. Rich bouquet: blackberries, raspberries and other berries fused with notes of spices reminiscent of the sweet scents of vanilla. On the palate is dominated by ripe red fruit, well structured and deep with a medium acidity, elegant tannins and long finish that “cuddle” and wraps the palate.

Food pairings

It is ideal in combination with meats and aged cheeses.

Serving temperature

Serve at 18-20°C in large glasses, in order to appreciate the full set of perfumes, after uncorked and decanted a few hours before.

Corte dei Papi
Tenuta Corte dei Papi:
Località Colletonno
03012 Anagni (Fr)
T. +39  0775 768934
T. +39 0775 705370
info@cortedeipapi.it
newsletter Corte dei Papi